Re: Ordering New Dakota

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 03:38:36 EDT

In a message dated Sun, 13 Aug 2000 9:06:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Nick Shue" <nshue@8dot3.com> writes:

<< I'm going into the dealership to order a new 01 Dakota this Thursday. I
know basicly what I'm getting, I just want everyones advice to make sure I'm
not missing anything that I should know about optionwise. I just discovered
this list about a week ago, so I haven't been able to lurk and learn.
Ignoring creature comfort options, here's what I'm getting.

Extended Cab Sport 4x4
4.7L with 5-Speed.
Larger tire/wheel options/Handling package

I believe that the last 2 were part of a larger package if I remember right,
we've been waiting for about 2 months for the optiont o order a truck to
open back up, so I forget the package details.

Plans for the truck will be daily driving, but we do head up north alot here
in Michigan in the summer and winter (to the UP mostly) No serious
off-roading, but we get a share of incidentel while camping and fishing up
north. (if you've never seen some UP logging trails, woo-hoo)

So, skids plates, tire/wheel options, gearing. I'm going to be going back
over everything this week from what we were orginally looking at for a 00
truck, but I don't want to miss anything important, nor anything via the
various package options. What would be the best route to go. I do plan on
going larger tire size, and slight lift, in the future.

--Nick

Go with heavy duty cooling

Don