Re: new engine...hell yeah!!

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 20:07:04 EDT

If you get the wiring harness, you'll also have a couple other problems. If
you have a 95 and get the 98 engine, i believe the gauges will be different
all all that good stuff.

It might not be as plug and play as you think and will require a LOT of
modifications. (I am believing, but hey! prove me wrong)

Just a little question. Where did you call to find these motors? I've
tried that online thing co-part.com? and couldn't find any dakotas in my
region. I need a couple things too!
-Dester

PS. how much is the motor and see if they offer an extra warranty package.
I believe 300 bucks will get you a 1 year 12 k mile warranty...
<<
Hey guys, later this week I'm going to be purchasing a 360 to drop in my
Dakota. The place I'm getting one from has a '96 with about 80,000 and a
'98 with about 30,000. Both are the same price and they are a lift-out
(comes with computer, harness, and all the goodies). I have a '95 so I'm
wondering if I'll have any trouble dropping a new engine into my truck,
i.e. emissions and that sort of stuff. I want it to be as easy as
possible. What do you guys think? Should I go with the '98 or go with
the '96? Or, should I just wait until I find a '95?>>