new engine...hell yeah!!

From: Chris Hannon (cannon@kansas.net)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 17:38:23 EDT

Hey guys, later this week I'm going to be purchasing a 360 to drop in my
Dakota. The place I'm getting one from has a '96 with about 80,000 and a
'98 with about 30,000. Both are the same price and they are a lift-out
(comes with computer, harness, and all the goodies). I have a '95 so I'm
wondering if I'll have any trouble dropping a new engine into my truck,
i.e. emissions and that sort of stuff. I want it to be as easy as
possible. What do you guys think? Should I go with the '98 or go with
the '96? Or, should I just wait until I find a '95?

As for the transmission, I'm planning on following Austin's lead and
waiting until my AX-15 grenades. Of course, hopefully it won't!

Later,
Chris Hannon
'95 Dakota Sport