TO: Crawdaddy Subject:grille reply

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 20:10:10 EDT

hey, I replied to your personal e-mail but it got rejected, so here it is to
the DML to read also..

For the hood release latch, I have access to numerous welders. so I removed
the latch (that L shaped thing that pushes on the latch itself) After I
removed that (i think it's one 10 mm bolt that takes it off, and a couple
springs will pop out) I put the 10 mm bolt back in because it holds the
latch to the hood. I got a metal rod, measured it, cut it, and welded it
in there.

Someone on the list has a better idea but i believe it involves a lot more
work. I actually like my hood latch because NO one, but friends and family
know how to open it. It'd take a theif a while to break open the hood and
attempt to unhook the horn(s).

if you have any more questions, e-mail me back. I just got back from an all
weekend camping trip, but replies should be a 1 day thing again.
-Dester

PS. I like my clears too!