Re: WAS:TO: Crawdaddy Subject:grille reply NOW: stereo thump prob

From: Crawdaddy (black98dak@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 00:48:49 EDT

hey, thanks for the reply.. kinda forgot about it. The @home network was
down for a day while they put in a new node .. I get 4-7mbps now =]
I still want to do a grille like yours, but will prob end up buying a speed.
But, I will email ya for more questions if I decide to try it.

anyways... since you are a stereo guy, maybe you can answer a question. I
have the 8" 150 bazooka. Installed it with all RF wires. I get a "power
turn on type thump" when I hit the breaks, power windows, turnsingnal,
etc... it doesn't happen all the time. Only seems to happen after it has
"charged up" , like every 20-30 seconds or so. BUT, the catcher here, is
that it will do it on its own, as in, when I am idleing and not doing
anything at all. I called SAS, since they are 60 miles away and a local
call, and they said to check my ground. I did, it is the factory length,
less than 10", I took the dremel and got rid of all the paint.. still got
the noise. It is a really loud thump, and is very annoying. Got any
suggestions? you can email me off list if you know, or if anyone else has
suggestions, please help! I don't want to take this sub back! I miss my 3
JL's I had :`(

                 black98dak@home.com
         http://www.geocities.com/LilBlakv8Dak
                  ICQ UIN# 2325710
                 AKA: Geoffrey Gaskin
                   New Orleans, La.

98 RC 5.2 3.55 nonLSD auto Stockland bedcover Carpet kit
K&N genII clone Flowmaster 8%tint Kenwood sound 255/60's
Best 1/4 GTech 15.49