Re: RE: Torsion Bar Lift

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 11:03:41 EDT

> Just make sure if and when you do that you do it the same amount on both
> sides. Someone please add to my obvious comment.

I cranked my torsion bars up my on 93 Dak 4x4 so the truck would sit level
with the rear, I didnt notice any stiffer ride most people experience. Stock
bars do fatigue over time and sag back
down, mine havent hold thier 'lift' for about 6 months, then I just readjust
them.
I also needed to use a monkey bar(pipe) to give me more leverage, but you
can easily do this without air tools. Finally I have have air tools which
will make the tbar lift easy! I think that I cranked each side about a
quarter of a circle maybe like 7-10 times. I cranked up one t bar until I
had my desired height and then I went to the other side. Then once it was
about where I wanted it, mechanics and the manuals say the bounce on the
front bumper a couple of times, then recheck the height. Hope this helps ya
man, let me know if ya need more info. BTW, if you dont want to spend all
the $$$ fore the big ass sockets just buy them fom Sears, do your t bar
lift, and then return it and get your cash back, I have done this many times
especially when I need to change my transfer case fluid and I need to buy
that big ass 30MM wrench! I was by one of my dad's friends houses the other
day, he is a ASE mech, and he was working on a 92 Nissan 4x4. He cranked up
the front torsion bars and put those 1 1/2 inch add-a-leafs in the rear for
a nice small lift to clear 31's from the stock 235 tire size, I was very
impressed, it looked great with some 31 inch BFG Radial All Terrains in that
Nissan....he said that rear add-
a-leafs were just 60 bucks, so its a very very cheap lift...plus he said
later on if the stock t bars sag, just upgrade them to the aftermarket
larger ones.....just think how good it would look under a Dak!!!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6