Re: Traffic Ticket

From: Sammon45@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 10:56:04 EDT

  Before you decide to just fight a ticket based on principle alone, ask
yourself if you are really innocent. If the officer testifies that you
committed the violation, you will have to testify that you DID NOT and
convince the judge/magistrate accordingly. Are you willing to commit perjury
on the witness stand to avoid paying a $75 (or $200) fine? I would not be.
What are you left with if you subvert your integrity for $75. I have seen
more than a few DML members complaining about an inattentive driver causing
an accident which damaged their precious truck, yet when stopped for the same
moving violation (turning, speeding, etc.) they don't want to be responsible.
The adversarial system of legal process exists to protect the innocent, not
to keep your insurance rates from going up.