Intercooler (Attn Jon Steiger)

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 17:44:57 EDT

It looks like I'll be putting in the motor first and run it (possibly without
the supercharger) to work out the kinks in the installation before I go ahead
and start hacking for the installation of the intercooler. Now I know you're
interested in doing something similiar, and since you seem to have a knack
for creating "kits" and a few other people on this list show interest in an
intercooler, perhaps we can help each other out. Do you know anyone who can
custom-form plastic pipes?? It looks like it's gonna be kinda rough shoving
that large of an intercooler in front of a radiator, and still have room for
the 5.9 behind it. The belt-driven fan if definitely out. I was thinking
along the lines of an electric between the intercooler and the radiator. The
intercooler itself is 30" wide (39" total) 18" high and 2" deep. 3" inlet and
outlet. I figured the best plan of attack is to take all the measurements I
need to get custom 3" piping made to go from the powerdyne to the inlet and
from the outlet in the intake manifold. All the pipe routing will kill
efficiency but the lower intake air temps should make up the difference, plus
I will be able to push more boost without detonation to compensate for
frictional losses. If you got any brilliant ideas lemme know!!

-Austin
Vipertruck