Re: Intercooler (Attn Jon Steiger)

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 15:39:44 EDT

I'm gonna' side with Jon here... you should take your time and do it
right. You can easily put the electric fan between the radiator and the
motor. You'll have plenty of room. That way you can mount the intercooler
in front of the radiator, like behind the bumper. That would look super
tight to see an aluminum intercooler sittin' behind the bumper and
airdam! You may have to put some spacers behind the AC Condenser and
shove some of the intercooler in between the rad. and the condenser....
it won't be too hard, just a little time consuming...

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s
PROJECT 13's ----> slammed 88 Dakota, 360 swap in progress!!

      "support your local economy... lower your truck"

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:44:57 EDT DICEMAN469@aol.com writes:
> It looks like I'll be putting in the motor first and run it (possibly
> without
> the supercharger) to work out the kinks in the installation before I
> go ahead
> and start hacking for the installation of the intercooler. Now I
> know you're
> interested in doing something similiar, and since you seem to have a
> knack
> for creating "kits" and a few other people on this list show
> interest in an
> intercooler, perhaps we can help each other out. Do you know anyone
> who can
> custom-form plastic pipes?? It looks like it's gonna be kinda rough
> shoving
> that large of an intercooler in front of a radiator, and still have
> room for
> the 5.9 behind it. The belt-driven fan if definitely out. I was
> thinking
> along the lines of an electric between the intercooler and the
> radiator. The
> intercooler itself is 30" wide (39" total) 18" high and 2" deep. 3"
> inlet and
> outlet. I figured the best plan of attack is to take all the
> measurements I
> need to get custom 3" piping made to go from the powerdyne to the
> inlet and
> from the outlet in the intake manifold. All the pipe routing will
> kill
> efficiency but the lower intake air temps should make up the
> difference, plus
> I will be able to push more boost without detonation to compensate
> for
> frictional losses. If you got any brilliant ideas lemme know!!
>
> -Austin
> Vipertruck

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.