Lifing the Dak

From: Mike Cryan (m_cryan@snet.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 17:45:07 EDT

Now that my Dak is paid for, its time to have a little fun. I want to do a mild suspension lift so's larger (31x10.5r15) tires will fit properly. My shopping list right now has: Sway-a-way torsion bars, Bilstien shocks, and some sort of add a leaf for the rear (recommendations?). What is the maximum I can lift with the torsion bars without severely shortening the life of my CVs? My plan is to go an inch, but if the after market bars, CVs and steering linkage can handle more I'll do that.
I'm assuming this or something like it has been done before, so any tips or pointers would be welcome.

Mike Cryan
'91 sport 4x4, pre-mag318.