Re: Re: lifting the Dak

From: Mike Cryan (m_cryan@snet.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 19:31:03 EDT

Kyle,
I'm pretty sure Sway-a-way does make the torsion bars, at least according to their web site ( http://www.swayaway.com/catalog/mini_torsion_bars.htm ). I think part# 1736 will fit in the Daks, to my knowledge the Rams don't use torsion bar suspension. I just e-mailed them, I'll post the reply when I get it. Getting bars from a junkyard v8 isn't going to do much for me... Besides, the ones I've got in there are starting to sag. There is an online shop that sells Bilstiens for a bit more (49.95/each front, 59.95/each rear)
so there isn't much money saved there. 32s sound nice, but since the truck spends a lot of time on pavement I need something friendlier on the gas. I'm thinking Goodyear AT/S, for a balance of on and off road ability.
The trailmaster 4" lift is out of the question - too much $$.
Mike