dakota rear end

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 05:17:01 EDT

Hello,

  Just got your email about the rear end. Sound like you're converting your
"one-legger" into a "sure grip" (as dodge calls it). I want to do that to my
95 dakota (318 auto w/3.91 gears). When I got a quote from a dealership
they wanted $900-$1000 for the install. I imagine you could get someplace
that specializes in axle work to do it for alot less. The places that would
"specialize" in axle work would probably deal with bigger trucks but it's
basically the same thing just smaller. I tried to price out a sure-rip rear
at the junkyards when I lived in Cleveland and they all gave me a price and
told me they couldn't guarantee it'd be posi. the general price range was
$300-$550 including everything (rear end, axles, rear brakes, etc.) but the
wheels & tires.
  I now live in California and haven't yet looked into the matter (too busy
with headrs, exhaust,perf. injectors, manifold, throttle body,etc.) but I'm
sure once I'm done with that I'll need the posi (seeing as how I get darn
near no traction now).
Hope it works out for you.

JOHN