Going crazy....

From: Stephen Dampier (guldam@sirius.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 19:47:19 EDT

I thought I was buying a Dakota this morning, but for some reason my wife
and I are having a slight disagreement.

I have for a very short time an option to buy a 2000 Dakota Sport Ext Cab
4x4 with the following options:

Price.... $23999.00
Tax (8.5%) $ 2043.74
Doc fee $ 45.00
DMV: $ 434.00
Subtotal $26521.74
Rebate $ 1000.00
TOTAL:................$25521.74

The vehicle includes the following;
Black clear coat, High-back bucket seats, heavy duty service group, sport
plus group, trailer tow group, deluxe convenience group, power
overheadconvenience group, ABS brakes, floor mats, auto trans., 3.92 axle
ratio, anti spin differential, 4.7 magnum v8, rear sliding window, power
windows, amfm/cassette/cd/equalizer, wheel mounted audio controls,
leather steering wheel, and 7 additional gallons of gas .

I can also order a 2001 with the similar options (diff. cheap
radio/cassette) but with Leather Seats for $27,366. It will take 6-8
weeks to get it.

Did I mention that I broke the camshaft in my 66 Chrysler this past
weekend? It needs a total rebuild. sigh. Both of us do however have
motorcycles for transportation.

The question is do we go for the 2000 or the 2001. Until I hear from
folks I will go crazy.

steveoh