Re: Going crazy....

From: Jon (jon@twistedbits.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 10:12:53 EDT

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Stephen Dampier wrote:

> I thought I was buying a Dakota this morning, but for some reason my wife
> and I are having a slight disagreement.
>
> I have for a very short time an option to buy a 2000 Dakota Sport Ext Cab
> 4x4 with the following options:
[...]
> I can also order a 2001 with the similar options (diff. cheap
> radio/cassette) but with Leather Seats for $27,366. It will take 6-8
> weeks to get it.
>
> Did I mention that I broke the camshaft in my 66 Chrysler this past
> weekend? It needs a total rebuild. sigh. Both of us do however have
> motorcycles for transportation.
>
> The question is do we go for the 2000 or the 2001. Until I hear from
> folks I will go crazy.

   Based on your post, it sounds like if you did order a 2001, the only
difference would be the radio and leather seats? A radio is easy to
get on the aftermarket, and you can find leather seats for a lot less
than the $2,000 price difference. Since there was a change to the
interior in the 2001s, I would recommend taking a look at a 2001, and
deciding wether the interior changes are important enough for you to
wait. (Some people like the changes, others hate them.) Sounds like
you are in need of some transportation, (even though you do have the
bikes). In your position, I'd probably be inclined to go with the
bird in the hand. Especially since that bird costs about 2 grand
less! Really depends on wether you want the new interior or not, though I
think...

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'