Re: Re: CDR's

From: Jon (jon@twistedbits.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 16:35:16 EDT

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Aaron Braun wrote:

> This may be how you are burning them. When burning audio CD's you have to
> burn all the tracks in one burning for them to be registered on all media
> devices, such as your home stereo, car, etc. This is due to the fact that
> CDR software puts little barriers up everytime it burns a track if they are
> stopped after each one. I have successfully burned audio CD's with all the
> CDR's from IMation, Memorex, etc.
>
> So, in summary, when burning audio tracks its an all or nothing deal. This
> could possibly be a problem, if it is not that, then it may be your
> Recording Software. If you have any other questions you can email me
> personally and I will be more than happy to help out.

  Yep, record the entire CD in one session. (That's always a good idea
anyway, even for data CDs if you are planning on using them in a CD
player or burner different than the one you burned them on.) Its
also not a bad idea to burn it at a relatively slow pace. (1x or 2x)
A lot of people have discovered that even though their CD burner can
burn at 8x, the quality isn't always there. Just let it churn away
and go work on the Dak or something. :-)

  Another issue could be the age of the CD player in question; some
of the older ones just can't handle CD-Rs properly.

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'