RE: Buying Dakota--PosiTraction??

From: Rob Parenti (rparenti@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 19:49:18 EDT

I think the 3.92 axle ratio would give you problems in the snow. You'd end
up starting in second gear to keep from spinning to much. Easy for me to
say - I live in Miami, now, but I spent 30 years in Michigan.

Try this: build a 2X6 bod *behind* the rear wheels. Fill it with course
gravel, put a plywood cover on, and throw a shovel in the bed. Instant
traction, balanced weight distribution, and you can shovel the gravel under
the tires to help your friends get out of the ditch.

- Rob '00 SC 4.7L 5speed 3.92 LSD