Re: Nitrous cost was: R/T bound

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 20:41:02 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/00 2:33:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
guynamedsly@hotmail.com writes:

Jon

You have to consider that not all folks use the upper limit on everything.
Below I gave alternatives to your costs just for those not prone to go first
class or better but would still have all the goods at a more affordable cost.

  I don't remember all of the costs anymore, but it would have broken
    down something like this:

    NX wet nitrous kit - $700-800 - I was told $500 ish for the Dakota wet
kit
    Holley Annihilator Ignition and laser shot coil - $600 - Now a MSD 6A
and retard box would run $300
maybe less
    Remote bottle opener - $200 - The NOS ones are about $150 (I don't use
one)
    Fuel pressure cutoff - $50? - Close

    I also wanted some other things like an extra bottle, etc. (Like I
    said, I don't remember all the details anymore.) All said and done,
    the entire system priced out for around $2,000! Sure, you can go
    out and spend $500 and run nitrous, but if you want to be safe, expect
    to spend more. Anywhere from $1-2K, depending on your particular
    needs. >>

$1000 you could have a very reliable setup there when you need it and easily
removeable.

My 2 cents
Bill