Re: Nitrous cost was: R/T bound

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 17:40:37 EDT

At 08:41 PM 8/17/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/16/00 2:33:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>guynamedsly@hotmail.com writes:
>
>Jon
>
>You have to consider that not all folks use the upper limit on everything.

   :-)

>Below I gave alternatives to your costs just for those not prone to go first
>class or better but would still have all the goods at a more affordable cost.
>
> I don't remember all of the costs anymore, but it would have broken
> down something like this:
>
> NX wet nitrous kit - $700-800 - I was told $500 ish for the Dakota wet
>kit
> Holley Annihilator Ignition and laser shot coil - $600 - Now a MSD 6A
>and retard box would run $300
>maybe less
> Remote bottle opener - $200 - The NOS ones are about $150 (I don't use
>one)
> Fuel pressure cutoff - $50? - Close
>
> I also wanted some other things like an extra bottle, etc. (Like I
> said, I don't remember all the details anymore.) All said and done,
> the entire system priced out for around $2,000! Sure, you can go
> out and spend $500 and run nitrous, but if you want to be safe, expect
> to spend more. Anywhere from $1-2K, depending on your particular
> needs. >>
>
>$1000 you could have a very reliable setup there when you need it and easily
>removeable.

   Yep, that's true. You can probably do it for cheaper. Just depends on
what sort of setup you want. One reason I wanted the Holley Annihilator
Pro was the ability to mess with the spark curve and it also had a few
triggers for nitrous and stuff. Not exactly the cheapest ignition out
there though. :-) Plus, I had it specced out for 2 15lb bottles,
etc. :-) I don't remember if that included 2 bottle openers or
not. Anyway, it would have been nice and automated, as idiot proof as I
could make it, etc.

   Sometimes I think designing these things is more fun than doing them. ;-)

                                               -Jon-

   .--- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ---.
   | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
   | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
   `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'