Supercharger Guru's (or anyone else thats a guru with tuning an engine)

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 23:02:43 EDT

Okay...
Long time ago (month?) I put 24# injectors in my truck, and all was good
(supercharged)
Stock FMU was 12:1 and i put the 11# pully on it... and now push 8# of
boost.. It cause the air/fuel ratio to go wayy rich under alot of boost...
(almost off the scale)

My question is... With the 12:1 FMU, i didnt need to retard the timing...
but she ran realllllllly rich under boost..
I've re-calibrated it to 8:1 (recomended for 24# injectors) and its staying
on the rich side, but now I ping with out retarding it..
Which is better for power? the 12:1 running rich... or the 8:1 which is
just on the rich side, with some retard (less than 1* per pound of boost)

I'm lost... some times it feels stronger with the retard, other times it
dosent... HELP!!! =)
Tim Berry
Chesapeake, VA
97 CC, 4x2, auto, 318