Black Plastic Shield Under my 4.7, Skid Plates

From: Robert Meredith (rmeredith@pa.net)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 10:29:56 EDT

Last week, while working on my truck, I decided to rip out that black
plastic shield (w/ the hole for the oil filter in it) under my engine. Will
this have any negative effects? If it will, what? I am a little worried
about water and/or snow flying up in there.

Also, if I do need something up there, I'd prefer to just get a front skid
plate. Does anyone have the correct part number for a '00 4.7 4x4 dak?
Will it just bolt in or will I have to drill? How much will it cost? Does
anyone sell an aftermarket one for cheaper than Mopar?

Your help is appreciated, I'd like to figure this out today.

-robert