RE:CD Changer placement in a GEN III CC

From: Shawn Villaire (s_villaire@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 12:10:47 EDT

I'm not quite sure what that "thing" is for. I know that it isn't a speaker
port(the term that you were lookin for:) because for the size speaker that
is installed would only require a port less than half of the opening that is
there.....of course this would be true if the speaker was actually installed
in an enclosure....but they are not, they are used as a "free air"
speaker,which doesn't require an enclosure.

I'm thinkin that the vent opening that is there is for some kind of
ventilation between the plastic trim and the sheet metal....Just a guess
though. Maybe someone else has an idea what that opening is for. Someone
please correct me if I am wrong.

Did you do anything about what appears to be an "outlet" for the rear of the
left rear speaker. (I'm sure there is a technical term for "venting" the
rear of
a speaker to the cabin, but I have no idea what that term might be). There
is an
opening in the panel right near the drink holder with several slats,
probably
2"X6".

thanks,

Rick

=====
00 CC 4X4 Sport, 4.7l,flowmaster cat-back, k&n homebrew open air filter,180 t-stat,autolite 3923's,more to come....