Re: Re: Re: Supercharger Guru's (or anyone else thats a guru with tuning an engine)

From: Ransom T Holbrook (ransom@setel.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 16:44:32 EDT

I run the autometer A/F gauge. It's o.k to get you in the 'ball park', but
it doesn't really tell you by what degree you are running rich. Each gauge,
set-up, and O2 sensor gives a slightly different reading. Mine shows 1
yellow (strophic) and 3 green (rich) when I'm under boost, for my situtation
that is around 12.5 to 1.. per Dyno results.

and to answer the other point, 'way rich' will cause CAT failure.....lean
will burn hole in piston, brake rings, etc...and lean means 13 to 1 A/F or
higher under boost conditions.