Re: Fw: Bypassing the Infinity amp?

From: Shawn Villaire (s_villaire@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 14:41:34 EDT

Try tracing the wires from the speakers to the amp. Cut the speaker wire at
the infinity amp and wire the outputs from the soundstream to the speakers
directly. I'm not sure how you want to hook up your soundstream amp through
your factory harness. Email me off list and describe in detail what you
want to do, I might be able to offer suggestions.

Shawn

--- Mike Guzinski <Colorado_Kota@prodigy.net> wrote:

> Subject: Bypassing the Infinity amp?
>

> I have a 99 with the Infinity premium sound with that little amp behind
> the
> passenger kick panel.
> I think the infinity amp will add distortion to my setup.
> I want to run the Soundstream amp through my factory wire harness and to
> my
> speakers but the Infinity amp will add distortion. Has anyone bypassed
> the
> amp in this way before? Any ideas? and.......No, I don't want to drill
> holes in my doors to run new speaker wires.
>
> Mike Guzinski
> 1999 CC 4x4 SLT+ 318 Auto
> Colorado_Kota@Prodigy.net

=====
00 CC 4X4 Sport, 4.7l,flowmaster cat-back, k&n homebrew open air filter,180 t-stat,autolite 3923's,more to come....