RE: Turbo thoughts...

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 16:05:07 EDT

I'll find out though....just in case.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Ptturbo@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2000 2:38 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: Turbo thoughts...

That makes more sense... If a head gasket failed,
and coolant was getting into the oil in large quantities,
the turbos could have experienced an oil related bearing failure.
No fault of the turbos in that case...
MV
<< Since they're in Atlanta and they're not that mechanically
inclined...I've
 asked them to send me a copy of the repair order to give it a look-see.
I'm
 not sure exactly what/how it happened, but they did verify that both turbos
 blew and there was some head damage (don't know which one). (I'm guessing
 head gasket...could be wrong though.)