Re: Re: R/T vs. Lightning

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 21:18:12 EDT

I'll drink to that, that, and that!

<< The R/T is infinitely better looking than a Lightning.

 An R/T with approximately $4000 in mods can annihilate a Lightning in all
 categories of performance. Similar mods aren't going to help a Lightning
 as much, so hopped up to hopped up the R/T has more potential.

 However, out the door, off the showroom floor the Lightning wins a HP per
 buck spent comparison.

 An experienced autocrosser has been bringing his Lightning out with race
 slicks on to some of the Nevada autocrosses. He has been smoking the
 field. The truck is bone stock except for the big hoosier slicks. He runs
 the truck in C/Prepared which is home of seriously modified Camaros, Cudas,
 and Mustangs with slicks and Unlimited engine mods. He regularly wins C/P
 and often challenges for low time of day.

 So what's the answer?

 This is easy.

 R/T
 Supercharger
 Headers
 Throttle Body
 Ignition
 MP computer or custom program
 Hotchkis Springs, bars, and Shocks
 GOOD tires

 Buy a Ferd? Are you nuts? I'm glad to say that the Lightning is one hell
 of a great truck. I like competition! A rising tide raises all ships.

 -STE >>