Re: oil pressure?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 01:26:28 EDT

William,I noticed about a 10lb drop in oil pressure the other day after I
got back from a 200 mile drive.This drop was noticed at idle, right before I
shut the truck off.I was driving at 67 mph,2400rpm at 101 degrees ambient
temp.I drove for a little more than 3 hours in 5th gear,but while driving
the motor was holding between 85-90lbs of pressure.If you don't even have 40
while the throttle is open on the motor,you have something wrong.I have
noticed that sometimes when the oil gets hot after a while on a hot day, the
needle will move barely to the left side of 40 when at the slow idle(600
rpm's) with the air-on idle(700 rpm's) I've never seen below 40-45lbs.
Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
forest green sport plus