Re: was: not to own lightening now:MORALITY,

From: Dakota Dodge (xtremskier97@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 08:43:04 EDT

Well I have been sitting here for the past few days just reading this
lightning/rt/morality/saving/godknowswhatelse thread go on, holding my
tounge waiting for a good place to jump in...and i have found it. Not that
i need to say much, but just a few sentences...so,
Well thanks to my parents who insisted that I save my money for when i go to
college, insisting that i save money in an account for later use (Truck
Fund), I, now at 20 years old, just bought a 20,000 truck, and can afford
it, and pay it off in two years. Had my parents just let me be, i never
would have go to school at all, would still be walking wherever i had to go,
and would barely have enough cash to eat with each night. I was once 16
too...not that long ago, but once 16, and was often jelous of the kids that
got cars/trucks for there birthdays, thinking they were very "Cool".
Granted only being four years later, they are the ones still living at home,
begging there parenst for money cuz they dont know how to save money, work
at a "real job" and so on. So all in all, im very glad my parents made me
do what they did. Now i can be the "Cool one" cuz i can buy my own truck,
with no help from my parents, and still go out and eat a decent meal when i
want to. There, my two cents., oh, and thanks Mom and Dad.

Dakota Dodge
Profile at:
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/XgAJPmbQu2jpA/profile.htm
Truck Home Page: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com