R/T versus Ferd Frightning (Charles a question)

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 14:37:00 EDT

I sent off that Jeff Lightning story to some of the Ford Engineers I know,
not to include Charles Wyman, the PM for the Lightning SVT engineering for
Roush, since he reads this DML board. They laughed and explained that the
R/T stock, would beat the F-150 hands down without the supercharger. But if
the R/T was on the same footing, the R/T would clearly be the winner based
on specifications. I explained to the Lightning owner (Jeff) the results I
received back and explained to him, I can name two R/T with the same
capacity - namely supercharged and ready anytime here in Cali that would be
glad to race him on the street. He responded and thanked me for the
specification of the R/T and explained that the driver- who was a D*&K
started it and he needed to be reminded of who rules. I can agree on that
but damn if Bernd V6 was on the east coast it would have been a great race.

Charles, I have a Marine here that has a 2000 Lightning and wants to know
how to increase the HP from 360 to the 2001 385HP version?

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC