Update

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 14:26:54 EDT

I am sorry for not answering some private mail but work, looking for a new
job, and family woes has taken its toll.

Anyway on the JBA update; it is now on hold, thanks to me or really thanks
to Ford at Bob Baker in San Diego. I could not turn-in the truck for two
weeks and then wait on the Stang for repairs, which is running now over
three thousand dollars. It would mean renting a car for three weeks here in
Southern California.

Oh before I forget on the insurance issue, they have not check the Roush
front rims yet for any damages and if one is damaged then the dealer will
replace the whole set at a cost of almost 4K. But I had to remove any
evidence of a twin turbo unit that would void manufacture warranty but the
Ferd dealer said, it would not void my warranty at all. Get that one? It
would not void my warranty. Hmm! If that was a Dodge dealer, I would have
been called for a warranty void on the truck. Anyway, the Stang will be
returned at the end of the month and I will hand over the vehicle to JBA,
unless someone is willing to miss their truck for two weeks. The headers
are free after the casting is complete. Sorry guys (s-hemi owners)...They
will still make the SEMA show in Las Vegas with the new headers.

I removed the Champion plugs from the 4.7 and found that after 14K miles,
the burn color was normal with some exception of notable rich burn color
also. Maybe the 24lb injectors are too large for that low HP. Then I
measured each plug and found three plugs were missed gapped by .005. I
checked all the new plugs and was properly gapped. What gives on the
Champion QA department.?

I will be talking to Paxton Engineers for a truck test bed swap (about one
month) for either a free supercharger or discounted up to 50 percent off.
Any clues who to talk too?

Those Durango owners out there on DML, Ford's new Explore will grow in size
and in HP but not to fear since Dodge still has it beaten. But the scare now
is the new incline 6 from Chevy, which boosted a 273HP and 8K towing
capacity. Hmm! It seems that DC is right on working on a new powerful mid
size SUV that will produce over 325HP to best performing vehicle in the
world.

Saleen released it new super car called the S7 and looking at the specs and
the value in the 375K range-meaning 375,000 George Washington dollars, the
new 2003 GTS-R will still be a better car for less than a third of the cost.
The new Viper will reach over 200MPH and produce 500HP. The 0-60 will be
around 3.75 seconds and the 1/4 in 11 seconds or less. I think Saleen needs
to look at the GTS-R to get the price right before wasting there time.
Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC