RE: RE: Re: RE: Gun control (not DML issue or is it?)

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 13:57:17 EDT

I hate to keep something going but I have a true case story how effect guns
are. Back when I was going to school full time after leaving the military,
coming out of my house at 0200 dark hours in the morning, park on the curb
was my break-in soft top Dirt Tracker wanna-be jeep.. However, this morning
to morons who could of made the "The Darwin" list for that year as stupid
criminals. Where I live it is not a street but a cud-a-sack and the thief
vehicle was facing inward and not exit next to the Tracker.

At the door seeing the thief in the car trying to dismantle the stereo unit,
I shouted to my other half to bring me my gun (Desert Eagle 50). Seeing the
guy face and his mouth must of hit the floor of the car when I screamed out
bring me my gun, he bumped his head trying to get out the car and attempt to
jump in through his own car window while the other thief or driver was
taking off. Anyway, he had to make a u-turn to exit the cud-a-sack and I
realized it was a new Mustang with (probably stolen) no plates yet. I ran
out pass my rock collection and should of grabbed one on the way to catch
this guy. Hmm! Rock and windshield would make a great impact on this man
new car. To cut it short, the thieve would have been dead since I have been
a EXPERT shooter fro the Corp both the 45, 9mm, M14 rifle, M16 rifle and the
Barrett Model 80 rifle. I nailed them through the both before leaving the
scene. I told the Police 20 minutes later that they were lucky I was in a
good mood that morning. Police laughed since he was an former marine
himself. He ensure me that after that incident they would not be back.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC