RE: Brake Rotor

From: Shawn Villaire (s_villaire@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 14:15:34 EDT

Ron,

Most of the brake components(pads,rotors,calipers,drums,etc..)are "cheap
material" You shouldn't need to worry about the rear brakes too much
though, since the front brakes do 70-80% of the braking. As for the front
brakes, I'd almost be willing to bet the house on it that you will have
premature problems :(
I am currently driving the third dakota that I have owned, and I had
problems with all of them....97 Dak CC--Right front caliper sticking causing
pad to wear. Replace both calipers(25k miles) 98 Dak RC--inner front brake
pad worn to metal causing rotor to get bad grooves.Replace pads and one
rotor.(17k miles) 00 Dak CC Warped rotors(15k miles), want to replace with
high performance ones.
Most of the time I don't drive my truck very hard either.....The brakes just
suck!

--- Ronald Wong <ron-wong@home.com> wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>
> How much of the cheap material do we need to replace? Just rotor and
> brake
> pads? What about the rear brakes? Drums and pads? What about other
> parts
> within the brake system(s)? TIA
>
> Ron
> 00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.55 LSD

=====
00 CC 4X4 Sport, 4.7l,flowmaster cat-back, k&n homebrew open air filter,180 t-stat,autolite 3923's,more to come....