RE: R/T vs. Lightning

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 08:21:46 EDT

Mark, I'll agree the 4.7L does not have the same Torque as the 5.9L, But its
not as big a difference as the published info. The 295 TQ rating given in
the published info is low, I believe it is more along the lines of 325 Ft
LBS. Reason I say this is because I have a dyno sheet here that shows
approx. 340 flywheel TQ or 285 Rear wheel TQ on a 4.7L with the only mod
being the K&N filter and a home brew PVC pipe intake. I'm subtracting 15 ft
lbs. for this mod.(guessing) So thats where I get the 325 Flywheel (approx.)
in stock form. The factory HP rating for the 4.7L is pretty close at
230/235 hp. That dyno graph on the DC web page is a joke! I've got a
dyno graph here from the "real world" if you'd like to see!

Matt--VA--Y2K-HEMI `00 Sport Plus RC
4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD, Homemade air intake,
T-Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1,
3" Flowmaster cat-back, Bosch +4's
14.48 @ 92.40 MPH
209.9 RWHP/285 RWTQ
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ