Re: R/T vs. Lightning

From: Mark Jackson (a0004096@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 12:23:11 EDT

The 4.7L sounds like a good package. Of the trucks that I was looking at
when I bought my quad, none had it. I was kinda wanting the 5.9 anyway but
the 5.2 and 4.7 seemed to be viable alternatives. I guess I wanted more
internal options and the engine just came along with the package. If that
much power comes from a smaller motor with near same performance, it seems
to be a good solution when looking for a powertrain package. I looked at
the Jeep models before I looked at the quad and liked the 4.7 that came with
them. I've always wondered how Nissan takes their V6, drops it in a
pathfinder and get 240 HP. I'll agree with you that the factory info isn't
real world accurate. Kinda like all of us video card owners overclocking.

Hey..is there a tweak program for the 5.9L???? Would I need to install
extra fans and heat sinks? Also, what frame rates would I get if I used a
different set of DRIVERS....LOL

Thanks for the info...P.S. Please send that dyno sheet. I was also
wondering what my 5.9 was really capable of. Too bad I couldn't get it with
a Manual Tranny