Re: Brake Rotors

From: bwnicks@attglobal.net
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 17:33:46 EDT

I have a 95 V-8 CC that I really like. I purchase the truck new in October of 94. It has been a great truck and I love it. My only 2 complaints are the lousy brakes and the turning radius.

I finally did something about the brakes. About 3 weeks ago I put GTRotors on it along with their pads. These are made by Grob-Till Industries in New Jersey. I heard about them from the Impala SS digest ( I also have an Impala SS). The Impala people give them real good marks so I figure I would try them, besides they can't be worst then stock.

I have put about 600- 700 miles on them so far and I love them. They great, just wish I had installed them 5 years ago. When you push on the pedal it is so smooth, and they stop better then stock also.

The rotors have dimples in them, the dimple pattern is suppose to be better than drill rotors as you don't get the cracking that you great with drill rotors. The dimples are cast into the rotors, not drilled.

Their web page is http://www.gtrotors.com.

Now if I could just do something about the turning radius.

Bob Nicks
95 Dakota V-8 - JBA headers, Open air cleaner, GT Rotors