A True Gentleman

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 21:28:01 EDT

It started out as a quick trip down to the local store and wound up as an
experience....

This little S10, a Ferd Ranger, and I were "playing around" a bit on the
streets and all of a sudden my the truck just shuts off. It turns over but
just wouldn't start. The hazards go on and I pull over to the left so
people could get by. The Ferd driver honks and laughs rather loudly and the
S10 driver actually pull in front of me and stops. What does he do...he
asks what happened and politely asks me if I need a tow across the street or
to home. I tell him what happened and he states: "Maybe another
time...let's get you home first". (He even offered his cellphone...just in
case!) We hook up the Dak to his bumper (via a tow strap) and yank her
across the road to a parking lot. Turns out the coil leads came loose and
killed the power to the ignition system. (Forgot to clip it in all the
way...my bad.) I pop the hood and he states "Damn...maybe I won't try this
next time (with a grin)". I thank him and he leaves with a friendly wave.

Now this proves my long-time theory that Chevy drivers, no matter how nasty
they can be in groups, are still "Gentlemen Racers" (or women).

(And the truck is back up and running of course.)

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://www.toycrusher.com