Re: best way to lower rear of truck

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 23:30:19 EDT

>>How much do I need to lower the rear of my truck to make it sit level?
There is approximately 2.5 inches difference in the front and rear fender
lips. I was thinking of Western Chassis adjustable spring hangars. But
it
looks like I would have to grind off the factory mounts. Is this
correct?
I would like to stay away from blocks.<<<

Aiight,
If there is a 2.5" difference between the front and back, then you would
think that droppin' it 2.5 will make it look level... well... it'll
actually look saggy =( You should just go with a 2" drop out back. If you
use the Western Chassis adjustable, you wil be able to adjust from 1" to
2" in half-inch increments. Combine it with the hangers, then you will
have a minimum 3" drop out back, adjustable to 4". I say, go with the
Western stuff. You will have to grind off the old shackles (they are
riveted in) and use the rivet holes to mount the new parts. It sucks, but
it's worth it =)

good luck!

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s
PROJECT 13's ----> slammed 88 Dakota, 360 Magnum swap in progress!!

      "support your local economy... lower your truck"

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.