Re: Re: BEST INTAKE for a GEN II sixer

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 11:29:36 EDT

Kyle, interesting idea...I'm curious if a Gen-III V6 tb hat will bolt into a
Gen-II tb, allowing for a cone-style setup. BTW, I called K&N and the only
products for a '96 are part#571501 (104.95 at Summit) which is a
chrome-plated 360 open element hat, or the drop-in, which is why I want to
know if anyone has found or made any cone-style setup?!?

GEN III PEOPLE-PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A GEN II TRUCK!!!&@&!! the parts are NOT
the same!!

I sent an e-mail to Tony at quick-D, see if he has any insight on the TB hat.

DakBeast (heh heh) is doing great, turned 106,000 miles on it and just got
back from another wheelin' trip in the mountains last weekend. Now its time
to work on some more mods!
____________________
Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's
etc...

In a message dated 8/24/00 10:17:19 AM, grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< > tell me, anybody running any kind of a cone-style setup on a Gen-II Dak
or

am

> I limited to only a drop-in K&N? Would love to do a cone if somebody makes

> one....

Why wouldnt something like QuickDs intake work on GenII Dakotas?? I mean

both should have to same size 'tb neck' and similar bolt setup. How long

overall are these kits?/ If we could get someone to measure their 'cone

style' aftermarket kit and then see if the GenII engine bay would allow for

the length, then it should fit. I assume you would just have to buy/locate

the stock tb 'hat' which most of these intake kits attach to. If not, a 360

degree open element kit(FIPK/FABM) would be the only other option than a

'drop-in' filter.

http://www.quickd.com/

or

http://www.quickd.com/intake.jpg

By the way Dave, how is the DakBeast doing? >>