Re: Coupla Questions...

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 11:24:46 EDT

The smell might be from the condensation on your air conditioning system.
What happens is that you get water collecting on the different lines and
what-not and it's ok while the truck is moving, but when you stop and turn
the engine off, bacteria collect and grow in this water that is on the
different surfaces. Sometimes you'll get this kind of mold growing. The
best way to avoid this is to not use the air conditioning up to the point
where you shut down your Dak. When you're a few blocks away from where
you're going turn the air off. That way by the time you get the truck
stopped, there's no more water droplets, and no place for the bacteria/mold
to grow.
This is what we did with my father's last minivan, and it pretty much cured
the smell problem.

The Adam Blaster