Coupla Questions...

From: ScapeGoat (martyr@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 16:17:21 EDT

I've noticed a weird thing when I stop, sometimes feels like I'm getting
bumped lightly from behind. It occurred to me that it could be the gas
sloshing around in the tank. Does that sound reasonable?

I've been having some rough cold starts where the truck feels like it's
about to stall, then it seems fine. I took it in to the dealer and they
reflashed my computer, but told me it might happen again. Since then it has
actually stalled out on me twice. And I don't know if this is related, but
again when I start it up in the morning or after it's been sitting for a
good few hours, I'll hear a squeak after I put it in gear. It only lasts
about 45-60 seconds. I've popped the hood and tried to listen for it, but
can't determine where it's coming from under there.

Lastly, I've had a real bad odor coming from my AC. I took it in once, and
the service guy told me he put in a deodorizer but was going to order
something else for me. I guess he never left any notes with the rest of the
service dept. because I called back a week later when the smell came back
and no one knew anything about it. They guessed he might have meant an
evaporator. Sound right?

This is a two month old '00 CC and it's my first vehicle, so I don't know if
they're blowing smoke or what when I've gone in. The first time I took it
in was for pulling to the right when braking, they told me they rotated the
front tires and if anything it would pull to the left a little. Just after
I pull out and stop at the signal, it's pulling to the right already.

Here on the DML, I've read some about some pretty crappy service
departments. Should I start looking for another one myself?

Thanks,
jeff

'00 4x4 CC Sport Plus
http://www.soulbleed.com/dakota.htm