Brakes& Pinging from Dakotas

From: Tom Mize (mopar98@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 16:35:03 EDT

    I was told by both a Dodge tech and a service writer from my Dodge
dealer that the solution(or help) for the warped rotors is to cleen the
rear drums and adjust them up. and to keep then clean...buildup of brake
dust keeps the shoes from giving the full useage.
     I was also told that the problem with the 5.2 litre pinging is the
intake manifold having a small leak from the gasket. the fix for that
would be to replace the gasket. he also said the PCM flash most likely
not help it if it still leaks. they just done a few with both
problemsand with good results..... just my 0.02 worth to the list....

1994 Dodge Dakota Sport V6(1 of 2,986)
1995 Dodge Dakota Sport V6 (RIP)
1995 Dodge Stratus ES
1989 Dodge Daytona(1 of 1,196)