Re: Shims

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 19:37:16 EDT

>>Has anyone tried putting shims to angle the rearend down on their dak
improve traction? My buddy suggested I try it and we figured 7degrees
total
would be optimal (3 down) but all i could find were 4 degrees so i
bought
them, should I use them?<<

I wouldn't. Could throw off your pinion angle. I wouldn't shim at all
unless you have to (ie.. you lower your truck). If you use the shims, and
you get a strange noise at certain speeds (like a droaning) or a
vibration at certain speeds, then your pinion angle is off and you'll
need to get rid of those shims ASAP....

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s
PROJECT 13's ----> slammed 88 Dakota, 360 Magnum swap in progress!!

      "support your local economy... lower your truck"

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.