Re: 42RE Bulletproof upgrade kit--was: Vipertruck Status

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 22:47:21 EDT

I'm 600 emails behind, don't know if you found them or not, but they
are called Level 10. I have not heard a bad thing about them.
www.levelten.com
As for the pistons Ross pistons will make what you want but it'll
cost over $600 bucks.
www.rosspistons.com
I have seen a Ross piston for a 440 weigh in at 700 grams and a
TRW weigh in at 1300.

<<
 Aren't you in the NY/NJ area? (correct me here, if I'm wrong!)
 If so, do a web-search for a company called Force Ten (Force 10?).

 They are based in NJ, and specialize in performance/race transmissions.
 They'll build you a transmission that is as bombproof as you'll find
 anywhere, and it may be a relatively easy trip for you (if you have a buddy
 who's truck you can put your tranny in... or just drop your truck with
 them.)

 Let me know if you have trouble finding it, but I know they have a website.