RE: RE: Intense Performace Cone Filters

From: Steven St.Laurent (Saint1958@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 16:42:54 EDT

Sorry! I am at home today but if someone knows Tony, contact him. I asked
before about the difference in cone air flow and size restriction. For the
4.7 TB, is rated around 660CFM. Tony said, something like this, for street
racing I should use the smaller cone and for the regular driving use the 3x9
standard cone. I am sorry but if someone has the archive of Tony's message
about cone size please repost it. It will make sense. I really didn't
believe until after the fact. I remove the standard Dodge filter and
replace it with an larger cone than 3x9 (more width in the girth and top).
I felt the lost in the bottom end of the RPM range but felt a stronger rush
in the higher RPM range. Since I am restricted to cash flow until the Roush
Stang is completed, I will try out the smaller cone and see the difference
in the rear Dyno.