ABS Unit Question

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 18:44:24 EDT

Ok, I have a 96 Gen II CC Dakota. If you follow the lines down from the
Master Cylinder, then you run into the ABS system (I think). on each end of
the unit, there are rubber caps that protect some kind of valve. My
questions are, since I only have rear wheel anti-lock, does that mean the
front portion just flows through the aluminum unit and is unobstructed (so I
can put the line lock between the MC and that aluminum unit)? Also, is it
extremely bad that the rear valve(?) on the back of the unit is leaking? It
isn't leaking bad, but I have to top off the fluid about every month. It
doesn't take much, but it leaks enough to make the rubber gaskets invert and
look like nipples. (I bet that makes for some interesting threads.)

Thanks
Will