Poboy Intake; Filters, Parts, and Such

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 19:29:55 EDT

Ok well I assume I need to start looking at cone filters for my intake. I
compiled a list and am curious, for those who have fabbed up their own kit,
what filter did you use???? Summit sure does provide some good tech
support!! Here is what I found.

RU-3130; $31.95
Inside diameter: 3"
Top diameter: 3 1/2"
Base diameter: 4 5/8".
Length: 7"
Angle length: 5/8"

RU-2590; $39.39
Inside diameter: 4"
Top diameter: 4 3/8"
Base diameter: 5 3/8"
Length: 7"
Angle length: 5/8"

RE-0930; $41.39
Inside diameter: 3"
Top diameter: 4 5/8"
Base diameter: 6"
Length: 6"
Angle length: 1 3/4"

RE-0910; $39.99
Inside diameter: 3"
Top diameter: 4 5/8"
Base diameter: 5"
Length: 8"
Angle length: 1 3/4"

RE-0810; $46.95
Inside diameter: 3"
Top diameter: 4 5/8"
Base diameter: 6"
Length: 9"
Angle length: 1 3/4"

RE-0920; $36.95
Inside diameter: 3.5"
Top diameter: 4 5/8"
Base diameter: 6"
Length: 9"
Angle length: 1 3/14"

RE-0870; $39.39
Inside diameter: 4"
Top diameter: 4 5/8"
Base diameter: 6"
Length: 9"
Angle length: 1 3/4"

So what now? I was set on just getting a 6"x"9 cone. If you look at this
specs, there are two filters with the SAME specs, atleast it appears that
way. Part number RE-0920 which is $36.95 is a 6"x9" cone and part number
RE-0810 is $46.95 and is also a 6"x9" cone. Why the $10 price difference???
Well once again I called Summit and they told me the ONLY different is the
inside diameter, one the 0920 having the 3.5" ID mounting flange and the
0810 having the 3" ID mounting flange.

 The GenIII stock air hat's ' pipe hole' is 3" right? Is this number 3" for
the inside diameter or 3" for the outside diameter. I wish I had one in my
hands to look at, but I dont, yet. I want to hopefully have everything
ordered(cone filter and breather element) and arrived so when I get the air
hat all I have to do is some measuring and fab up the pipe/tube. I am going
to order K&N's Crankcase Vent/Breather, PN#62-1520. This is the ALL
metal(top and base) version with no rubber to rot out due to the heat.
This is getting fun, haha.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6