anti-leak tip for MP valve covers

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@nc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 01:05:42 EDT

I got some galvanized sheet metal from a local hardware store and made up 2
new baffles, to cover the oil fill and pcv grommet..I believe MP only sends
2 baffles, so basically I have 4 on my covers. Make sure to use locktite on
the screws.....

I then took out the rubber grommets for the PCV and the crankcase breather,
cleaned both mating surfaces and set the grommets in place with RTV.

Next I took some rubber sheeting (hardware store) and cut out a peice to
match the stock oil fill cap gasket, then RTV the 2 rubber gaskets together.
Makes for a nice tight seal.

Thus far, no leaks to speak of... now if only I can put oil in the hole and
not around the hole :)

   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
      fast4x4@nc.rr.com
 www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4