Re: To all V8ers

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 01:42:21 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/00 6:24:15 PM Central Daylight Time, DAK4JLB@aol.com
writes:

<< If any of you have or are going to put an after market CAT on please let
me
know. I have a gutted cat but want to put a stock one back on for back
pressure and so I can pass inspection without having to grease someone's
palm, lol. They are getting ready to change the laws here on admissions so I
will no longer pass. Thank you.

Zeus..
       In most states.. Even with a physical inspection along with a sniff
test a hollowed out converter will very rarely effect your results enough to
fail you. having it missing alltogether will fail you in most areas though.
I've had bad luck with them.. I'll never have another one under a vehicle I
own. If you want a little back pressure. just use a muffler that's a little
smaller than the pipe diameter.. and use reducers to fit it. And if you use
any kind of forced induction.. the more flow the better,. For normally
aspirated engines.. a little.( key word being little) is appropriate. The
lower in the rpm band you want your power to be.. the less you want it to
breathe. I for one have no problems with running high rpm. especially when
I can hear them.. That's what Mobil 1 is for.. LOL
Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo
94 Dakota Sport (soon to join ranks)