Re: Ordering My New Truck!!!!!!!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 10:28:46 EDT

> Yup, the time has come, I'm spec'ing out a new DAK in the next month
> or so. How does a white QC SLT+ 4x4 4.7 3.92 SG with most of the toys
> sound?? Undecided on tranny yet, which will also affect my T-case
> choice. Input?? Suggestions??

Ed,
Congrads and welcome to 4WD country!!! :)
I am not sure about the tcase options on the 2000? Dakotas, but I think you
mean whether to get the full time or part time tcase, right? If it were
myself deciding, I wouldnt even consider the full time tcase; part time is
the way to go, in MY opinion. I think the GenIII Dakotas still use the NP231
tcases, and you might want to look to see if you can get the NP231HD(H)
which will have some upgraded parts and overall, well more heavy duty parts,
compared to the standard NP231. Definately get those 3.92 gears also, and
the 31" tire package with the 15x8 rims. I would also get then largest side
mirrors you can, probably will be the power 6x9s. Heavy duty service group
might be wise. Trailer tow group isnt worth it, cause you get spend $100 for
a hitch and another $30 for the wiring. Here are just some simple specs on
the tcase(s):
NP231:
Torque rating: 1885 lb ft
Weight (lb): 65