RE: RE: RE: Re: Attn Alex H. ON EXHAUST !!!!. (it worked, you got my attention)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 14:55:53 EDT

"Megs"

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Kevin Hoegen
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2000 1:48 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: RE: RE: Re: Attn Alex H. ON EXHAUST !!!!. (it worked, you
got my attention)

This is my last on this bud for what it's worth. I have a 1999 V6 3.9L. I
went with the 2.5"IN/2"Dual Out (Flowmaster 3-chamber). I LOST ABSOLUTELY
NO LOW END.

The pipes do "look" a little small for my taste and I am now searching for
larger tips. Here's the kicker.......I'm havin a hell of a time finding
2"IN/3"OUT tips that I like. I'm actually lookin for the dual outlet tips
which I have yet to find with those specs.

Most of the tips I've been finding start with a 2.5" inlet then either a 3"
or 4" outlet. I spoke with the muffler shop which did my pipes and he told
me that the pipes can be streched enough to accomodate a tip with a 2 1/4",
but a 2.5" would be pushing it.

So for my Dak the 2" dual catback led to no loss of power at all, but I do
have to search around for the tips I want. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND
DUAL END TIPS WHICH ARE 2"IN/3"OUT I'D BE MOST APPRECIATIVE!!

Good luck Alex....let us know how it went