Re: ADVICE ON SYNTHETIC OIL???

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 22:20:39 EDT

I just went to mobil 1 tri synthetic, it seems like rather good stuff. It
poured out a LOT quicker than normal 5w30... so I guess my questions are
what brand filter does everyone like, the mobil 1, k&n, or what? I bought
a Bosch Premium filter today... also how long can you make synthetic
last? 6k, 9k, 12k? assuming changing the filter and topping the oil only
every 3k mi... But the truck does seem to have a little more oomph....

Chris

>Go with Mobil 1. It's the only synthetic that will mix and remain 100%
>compatible with "dead dynosaur juice". Think about it...if you get in the
>middle of nowhere, need a quart of oil, and can't find your synthetic
>brand...whatcha gonna use? FWIW, Corvettes and Vipers come from the
>factory with Mobil 1 in the pan. If there were engine break-in problems
>when using synthetic lubes, don't you think they'd put something other
>than Mobil 1 in the engine?
>
>If you go with Mobil 1, you can change to it at any time. I've changed
>all my new vehicles over to Mobil 1 at 500 miles. Haven't had a single
>problem...and none of them ever used any oil. I go 6k between changes,
>and change the oil filter every 3k. Currently waiting on an oil analysis
>report from Blackstone Labs for both my 1999 Dak and 1998 Caravan.
>
>- -Mitch

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Alarm,
Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard, Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,
Spring Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal